Sunday, May 16, 2010

the best coffee ever

spiked with spices

I weaned myself off of a caffeine addiction many years ago so now I mostly drink decaf. I know, most people ask, "why bother," but this way I can still enjoy the taste of a delicious cup of coffee. Plus, I love holding a warm coffee cup in my hands and smelling the earthy aroma.

Taking a cue from Trader Joe's Wintery Blend Coffee, I started spiking my own decaf coffee with different spices. I never measure anything so each day is a surprise. After I dump in my coffee grounds, I add a generous amount of cinnamon, followed by a few pinches of freshly grated nutmeg, cardamom and allspice (with the occasional grind of black peppercorns). Give it a quick stir and start brewing.

It makes for a really wonderful treat the morning and I encourage you to give it a try.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious. I love cinnamon in my coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't live without my coffee, but I'm pretty good about limiting myself to one cup per day. This sounds like such a tasty way to spice things up, decaf or regular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool pic! I love the flavor of the coffee that you serve, especially with frothy soymilk... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's like a tea/coffee combination almost. i love coffee too, haven't yet made the switch to decaf, but only have it once in a while...including today. great idea!

    ReplyDelete